This is a moderated collection of resources relevant to everyone interested in the development of open education resources in education in Africa.
Theory on OER
- A Review of the Open Educational Resources (OER) Movement: Achievements, Challenges and New Opportunities. Report to the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.
- Open Education Resources: Opportunities and Challenges for Higher Education.
- Open Educational Resources: Conversations in Cyberspace.
- Cape Town Open Education Declaration: Unlocking the Promise of Open Educational Resources.
- Access to Open Educational Resources: Report of a UNESCO OER Community Discussion.
- An Environment Analysis of Open Education Resources: Are They Sustainable?
- Harnessing Openness to Improve Research, Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
- Open Educational Resources: New Possibilities for Change and Sustainability.
- Open Educational Resources and Higher Education.
- Basic Guide to Open Educational Resources
- Guidelines for Open Educational Resources (OER) in Higher Education
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- OER Copyright and Licensing Toolkit
- Shuttleworth Foundation Working Paper on Intellectual Property. Implementing the WIPO Development Agenda: Treaty Provisions on Minimum Exceptions and Limitations for Education.
- What is Creative Commons?
- Open Content Licensing (OCL) for Open Educational Resources.
- Applying Creative Commons Licenses to Your Educational Resources.
- How to Attribute Your Creative Commons Licensed Materials.
- CC Licenses and Trademarks: A Guide for Organizational Creators and Distributors.
- New Zealand Government Open Access and Licensing Framework (NZGOAL).
- Copyright and Open Educational Resources.
- Strategic Management of Intellectual Property Rights for OER in UK Higher Education.
Course and Materials Development
- Course Design and Materials Development Guide
- Good Intentions: Improving the Evidence Base in Support of Sharing Learning Materials.
- Collaborative Development of Open Content: A Process Model to Unlock the Potential for African Universities.
- Open Learn, The Open University.
- Critical Factors in Selecting a Course Management System for Higher Education in Ghana.
- Harnessing Open Educational Resources to the Challenges of Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use of OpenCourseWare.
- Incentives and Disincentives for Use of Open Courseware.
Use of Technology in Education
- What is Web 2.0? Ideas, Technologies and Implications for Education.
- Higher Education in a Web 2.0 World.
- Using Moodle – Teaching with the Popular Open Source Course Management System.
- LMS Evaluation Tool Use Guide.
- Good Practice in Information and Communication Technology in Education.
- The Use of Metadata for Educational Resources in Digital Repositories: Practices and Perspectives.
- The Attack of the MOOCs: An Army of New Online Courses is Scaring the Wits Out of Traditional Universities. But Can They Find a Viable Business Model?
- Growing an Institutional Health OER Initiative: A Case Study of the University of Cape Town.
- Growing an Institutional Health OER Initiative: A Case Study of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology.
- Growing an Institutional Health OER Initiative: A Case Study of the University of Ghana.
- The use of Open Education Resources at the University of Malawi.